German prosecutors are investigating the chairman of Volkswagen's powerful works council, Bernd Osterloh, as part of an inquiry into whether some of its members were paid excessively, turning him from a witness into a suspect.Osterloh is being investigated over an allegation that he contributed to the "conclusion of the remuneration agreement that is suspected of being unlawful," said a spokesman for the public prosecutor's office in Braunschweig in VW's home state of Lower Saxony on Tuesday.Osterloh has not yet been questioned and has requested, via his lawyer, access to relevant files and will respond to any allegations, a spokesman for the Volkswagen works council said, adding that its chairman was "beyond reproach."Prosecutors have been investigating four people since 2016 on suspicion of preferential treatment of works council members and, on the basis of those investigations, prosecutors decided to investigate Osterloh, who had previously been a witness.Osterloh is a member of VW supervisory board.Volkswagen said in November 2017 it had obeyed the law in its payment of Osterloh, a day after prosecutors and tax authorities raided the offices of several senior executives at the carmaker in an inquiry into whether he had been overpaid.A newspaper reported in May that prosecutors were investigating the chief executive of Volkswagen's Porsche business, Oliver Blume, over a possible breach of fiduciary trust linked to payments made to a Porsche works council member.
Ford Motor Co. is set to start selling its first electric vehicle in China in the second half of the year.The EV is the battery-powered version of the Ford Territory compact crossover. It has a range of 360 kilometers (224 miles) on one charge, Ford said. The Territory last year became the first Ford-badged passenger vehicle produced at Jiangling Motors Corp. -- Ford’s truck venture with Changan Automobile Co. Like the gasoline variant, the electric Territory will also be assembled at Jiangling Motors, rather than Changan Ford Automobile Co. -- Ford’s car partnership with Changan. The electric Territory is the first electrified vehicle to be launched under the product plan for China that Ford disclosed in April. The Dearborn, Mich., company will introduce more than 30 new and upgraded vehicles including 10 electrified vehicles under the Ford and Lincoln brands in China over the next three years. Ford currently markets only one electrified vehicle -- the plug-in hybrid version of the Ford Mondeo – in China. In addition, an agreement Ford signed with Zoyte Automobile Co. in 2017 to jointly build inexpensive EVs hasn’t been approved by China regulators.Beijing enacted a carbon credit program this year, adding pressure on Ford to accelerate the rollout of electrified vehicles in the Chinese market.
กรมวาการเกษตรจับมือออสเตรเลีย ยักษ์ใหญ่ส่งออกรถยนต์ของไทย 8 ค่าย จัดอบรมระบตรวจสอบวัชพืชที่ปนเปื้อนในรถยนต์ใหม่ก่อนส่งออกไปออสเตรเลีย นางสาวเสริมสุข สลักเพ็ชร์ อธิบดีกรมวิชาการเกษตร เปิดเผยว่า ได้จัดประชุม “Motor Vehicle Inspection Program Information Session” ขึ้น เพื่อสร้างความเข้าใจเกี่ยวกับเงื่อนไขและบันทึกข้อตกลงในโครงการตรวจสอบวัชพืชในรถยนต์ใหม่เพื่อการส่งออกไปออสเตรเลีย (Motor Vehicle Inspection Program หรือ MVIP) โดยมีหน่วยงานที่เกี่ยวข้องและบริษัทผู้ส่งออกรถยนต์ของไทยที่ส่งออกรถยนต์ใหม่ไปยังออสเตรเลีย 8 ราย คือ 1. มิซูบิชิ มอเตอร์ส ประเทศไทย 2. ซูซูกิ มอเตอร์ (ประเทศไทย) จำกัด 3. บริษัทโตโยต้า มอเตอร์ ประเทศไทย จำกัด 5. บริษัท ฮอนด้า ออโตโมบิล (ประเทศไทย) จำกัด 6. บริษัท ฟอร์ด มอเตอร์ ประเทศไทย จำกัด 7. บริษัท นิสสัน มอเตอร์ ประเทศไทย จำกัด และ 8. บริษัท ออโต้ อัลลายแอนซ์ (ประเทศไทย) จำกัด เข้าร่วมอบรม โดยออสเตรเลียเป็นตลาดส่งออกอันดับ 1 โดยปี 2561 มีมูลค่าส่งออกกว่า 196,135 ล้านบาท “ออสเตรเลียเป็นประเทศที่มีภูมิประเทศเป็นเกาะ จึงมีมาตรการด้านความปลอดภัยทางชีวภาพที่เข้มงวด โดยหนึ่งในมาตรการสำคัญทางการค้าคือกำหนดให้รถยนต์ใหม่ท่จะส่งออกไปยังออสเตรเลียจะต้องสะอาดไม่มีสิ่งปนเปื้อน”
ที่มา : หนังสือพิมพ์ กรุงเทพธุรกิจ ฉบับวันที่ 14 มิถุนายน 2562